Friday, November 25, 2011

I have 2 baby squirrels, when do they start eating normal food? And what kind?

I don't know. Call a vet.,they can tell you.I have 2 baby squirrels, when do they start eating normal food? And what kind?
When their teeth start to come in you can start to soak bread in milk. Let them suck the milk out of the bread. They will start to get solids that way. Give them wheat bread. You can also start them on nuts and fruit and veggies. Not too much fruit because the high sugar content is not good for them. Don't give them nuts with salt on them. They like it, but it's not good for them.I have 2 baby squirrels, when do they start eating normal food? And what kind?
I gave a baby squirrel I couldn't get back in the nest, baby formula with a bottle. I introduced baby cereal and food. Fresh fruits and chopped nuts. I would avoid food with preservatives. Later, using a ferret harness and leash...I took it to the park. Gave basket and a plant to play in. Later released. The squirell brought back its babies...left a feeder and water bottle hanging from a tree outside. Squirrels are wild animals.
I had baby squirrels to and the best thing to start then on is peanut butter.then when they can they will eat peanuts in the shell. just keep them in there cage. they will choose when they want them, they also love candy, but be careful, make sure you keep those peanuts handy for them all the time. its keeps there teeth strong.good luck
at 10 months and they eat grains

No comments:

Post a Comment