Saturday, July 31, 2010

Will moth balls and predator urine work for getting rid of squirrels from my attic?

The urine, no. I keep fox urine on my truck for many customers want to try that before more drastic measures and I can't think of a time it was successful.





Mothballs can work at times, but more times than not it just moves them to a different location of the attic, it doesn't stop them from passing through where the MB were placed out. I'll also get numerous calls a year on how to get rid of the mothballs because the smell will permeate into the home from the attic and if they were just thrown about you probably can't collect them all. If you try the moth ball place them in an old stocking so that you can at least easily remove them Will moth balls and predator urine work for getting rid of squirrels from my attic?
The mothballs and urine might keep new squirrels from moving into the attic, but once the squirrels have made a nest in your attic, they are much harder to shift. I've had squirrels move into my attic on two different occasions, and mothballs did nothing. I ended up using a live trap to remove them and had to resort to poisoning one of them that was too smart for the trap.Will moth balls and predator urine work for getting rid of squirrels from my attic?
I'm afraid it won't work at all. You need to find the source of entrance. Then seal that up tight. It's the only way. Do it before there are babies. Go up in your attic during the day with the attic lights off. Look for daylight coming in and close up all those spots.
You can try, then call the exterminator. It will cost much less than the damage the squirrels are doing in your attic.
Probably not. Call an exterminator.
I have no idea about the urine but the moth balls will work for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment