Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anyone know how I can get rid of squirrels from chewing through my soffits to get in the attic???

I have put metal screening up but they are chewing through the wood around it. They have also chewed through shingles on roof creating a hole!!!!!! Please help!!!Does anyone know how I can get rid of squirrels from chewing through my soffits to get in the attic???
Their noses are fairly sensitive. I've heard of using moth balls to chase them away. I've put in a link to a company that sells a rodent chasing powder.





But if you can find a better way to block them, that will help. I know for urban mice problems the solution is to stuff fine grade steel wool into their holes. It hurts their mouths and discourages them from chewing around the old hole. I had to pack it tightly into the hole so it would expand if they tried chewing around it. This might work in your case too.Does anyone know how I can get rid of squirrels from chewing through my soffits to get in the attic???
Go to www.Rataway.com Rataway stops squirrels,rats,mice,coyotes,


woodpeckers,dogs,cats,puppy'鈥?etc..from chewing


Rataway is a non-poisonous spray.Protects car engines %26amp; wiring,homes,


business,boats,equipment motor homes,etc.. safe around children,pets,


service personal cost $25.00

Report Abuse



Get an estimate for having new soffit (vinyl) and facia (aluminum) installed on your eaves. They won't chew through those.
they make these things that you plug into an outlet that let off high pitched noises that only rodents can hear. they are usually desgined for mice, but i don;t see why they wouldn;t work on a squirrel. plug one in in your attic and see if they scatter.
Are you adverse to cats? Adopt a young one from your local shelter and watch the squirrels vacate the block. Or you can go to your local hunting store and purchase some predator pheremones like coyote or wildcat. These will also cause a mass exodus of nuisance varmints.
try looking in websites for getting rid of squirrels
Use mothballs. Spread them around the roofline areas of the attic. They can smell them from the outdside and won't want to come inside your attic. It's cheap, safe and easy to do.
It won't have any impact at all. If you chew through your soffits, that's just going to encourage them, probably.
Make a squirrel feeder in the yard. It might help to distract them from they to get whatever they wanted. lol
I once had squirrels going into my shed. They were eating thru the top of the wooden door. I bought a wide roll of two sided tape and a big jar of cyannne pepper. I put the tape where I thought they would come in and sprinkled liberally the up side (also sticky remember) with the hot pepper. Once they burned they snout they never came back good luck
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment