Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is there a non-violent way to stop squirrels from digging up my plants on my patio?

I tried mixing a little Cayenne pepper with water and poured it around my plants and it seemed to back off the squirrels.Try different amounts of pepper with the water until it works.Is there a non-violent way to stop squirrels from digging up my plants on my patio?
Get some male hairs and crashes cayenne pepper corns mix with top soil sprinkle at the surface area. Those little things will move away by the yards.Is there a non-violent way to stop squirrels from digging up my plants on my patio?
Get a dog?





Try chicken wire tied over the dirt part.
Scatter moth balls around the plants. They don't like the smell. You won't either but it fads to a acceptable level in a couple of days. You'll have to redo after hard rains or every few weeks. Usually once they get out of the habit they will leave things alone
if youre not ready to be ';violent'; with them, then they must not be that big of a problem to you. If it was a rat would you still want to be peaceloving? Squirrels are related to rats you know....it doesnt bother me, i eat em....seriously. Squirrels I mean.
Statue of an eagle, owl. Scares them for a bit... but if you dont move it every once and awhile, they catch on.
Well, this may be extreme..., but get or borrow a dog. Once the dog establishes it's territory the squirrels will stay away.





Hope this helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment