Saturday, August 21, 2010

My brothers pet squirrel ate a crayon!?

Ummmm my brother went to a friends house after school today and he made me watch his pet squirrel Chewie. I didnt want to let him out of the cage because whenever he does, he runs around the house in a rage and knocks everything over. But he got out of his cage by accident and he went downstairs ate part of a crayon that was on the floor. I dont know what to do!?! Is he gonna die from this? WHat should I do if he dies before my brother gets home?My brothers pet squirrel ate a crayon!?
What color was it? Cuz, Magenta is known to kill squirrels!My brothers pet squirrel ate a crayon!?
Hm... Because a squirrel is a wild animal, a waxy product such as a crayon may be toxic to his system.


However, there is hope. Usually animals won't eat anything that they can sense, is poisness or bad for them.


Sort of like when birds avoid poisness berries.


On the other hand, from being in captivity, he may have lost this instingt. The best thing you can do is wait with Chewie until your brother get's home, or call him and tell him what happened. Your brother will be mad if you don't tell him.


Sorry if this didn't help.


Good luck to you, and Chewie. ;)
Most crayons are non-toxic. He should be fine. He'll poop it out colorfully in a day or two.
I shouldn't worry too much, crayons are made for children and you can be pretty sure that anything made for them is comparatively safe for human consumption, in moderation, that is. Just buy your friend some new crayons!

No comments:

Post a Comment