Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I get rid of squirrels (or at least repel them)?

Please don't say kill them; my husband is away for the next couple of months and he can do it then, but I CAN'T. I tried mothballs, which don't help, and there are way too many ways for the squirrels to get in the house from outside (I live in a trailer and it's open underneath). So is there a way to keep them out of my home just for the until they're dealt with permanently (before they chew through my wiring and set the house on fire)? Also, the sonic things that you plug in don't seem to bother them either.How do I get rid of squirrels (or at least repel them)?
There is actually a product called Squirrel Away that doesn't kill them, it repells them. It is really an additive to birdseed to keep them from raiding the feeders. However, I have a retaining wall in my backyard that is made of those interlocking pavers and those little buggers like to nest in between them. So, I dust their little entry holes with Squirrel Away and they abandon the hovel. In your case, I would buy several packetts and make a barrier around the areas that they can gain access. I found the Squirrel Away at the WalMart nursery, but imagine home improvement stores will carry it, too.How do I get rid of squirrels (or at least repel them)?
try getting something to cover the hole with for right now to stop the squirrels for getting
Get a pellet rifle, it is a lot of fun too.
i dunno i have a problem with the cute little beggers too, but i am definetly ready to start picking em off with a pellet gun for sure, sorry.
borrow a friend's active dog


let the dog run in the house and scare the crap out of the squirrels


the sonic things are a scam
Apparently the only way to get rid of squirrels is to trap them. As you have discovered, there are no effective repellents. I've listed two websites with squirrel trapping information below.





Be sure to read up on how to prevent squirrels from getting into your house. Prevention is key -- you don't want to go through the effort of removing them, only to have them come in again.





If the trapping and squirrel-proofing effort is more than you want to do, look for wildlife removal professionals in your area. Note that squirrels are not easy to remove, and it may take repeated efforts over several days before the squirrels are gone. Good luck!
start eating them they really taste good and pretty soon they will get smart and stay away.it seems everyone in the pocono mts.has done this because they don't seem to have many squirrells in their back yard

No comments:

Post a Comment