Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have tomato plants in containers on my deck. How do I keep squirrels from stealing the tomatoes?

Use dowel sticks and hand those small pie plates that the tiny pies come in (snacks), on the dowel stick %26amp; stick them in your pot. It may look ugly but it works. I also spray WD-40 around the flower pot (NOT on the tomato plant) they hate the smell of it.





The hair thing, that a previous answer had, only helps to release nitrogen into your plants. It's good for them, but it will do NOTHING about squirrels.


Definately try these. This was my problem as well, until I started doing the pie plates %26amp; WD-40. No more squirels. Good luck.I have tomato plants in containers on my deck. How do I keep squirrels from stealing the tomatoes?
I have heard that the smell of humans puts off a good many animals from your garden. I have read that you can take cut hair (ask the barber) and sprinkle it around the garden.





I am going to try this myself b/c i am having trouble w/ the squirrels digging up my plants!





Good luck :)I have tomato plants in containers on my deck. How do I keep squirrels from stealing the tomatoes?
Humanely trap them and move them to a city park. You can buy the traps at home depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment